The trailers are designed to move multiple units at once. The contractors in this division are typically those who have joined our fleet by way of the Drive-Away or Tow-Away division and then evolved their businesses into multi-unit deliveries. Others have come from a transportation background, having recognized the competitive profit potential.
Recruiting, CDL, & Safety Bonuses
Our Flatbed division is our highest opportunity for growth. We know that a truck and trailer can be a 6-figure investment, but that simply means your return will be much higher.
- Highest pay opportunity*
- Double – $2.90 per mile
- Triple – $3.20 per mile
- Most reload opportunities
- Diverse loads
- A high level of respect among the driving community
*85%+ of loads pay this amount. Some loads are slightly less.
Our Flatbed drivers have a wide potential for loads and income. Along with that comes responsibility. You’re hauling 2-3 loads at a time and that requires a higher skill level and attention to detail. Here are some basic requirements.
- CDL A recommended, not required on some flatbed trailers
- 50,000 miles of towing experience
- Clean DOT record
- 1 ton dually or larger
- 53′ flatbed trailer with center rail system
Haul & Tow Requirements
- 22′ long deck, minimum. (25′ or longer is preferred)
- 32″-36″ tall deck at step, behind the rear axle (the lower the better)
- 2000 or newer (or certified by Horizon Staff)
- Center track, ball stands, wheel bonnets, ramps, etc.
Don’t have a trailer? We can help.
We have trailers for lease or for sale.