Horizon Transport | Flatbed DivisionHaul multiple RVs on your 53' trailer
Dozens of successful Horizon Transport Independent Contractors have upgraded to multi-unit delivery vehicles. “Haul & Tow” trucks literally “haul” one unit on their deck and “tow” one unit behind. Combination, or “flatbed”, vehicles are comprised of a flatbed or step-deck trailer and a power unit, ranging from dually pick-ups all the way up to semi tractors.
The trailers are designed to move multiple units at once. The contractors in this division are typically those who have joined our fleet by way of the Drive-Away or Tow-Away division and then evolved their businesses into multi-unit deliveries. Others have come from a transportation background, having recognized the competitive profit potential.
Recruiting, CDL, & Safety Bonuses
Mobile App with Load Boards
Our Flatbed division is our highest opportunity for growth. We know that a truck and trailer can be a 6-figure investment, but that simply means your return will be much higher. Most of our flatbed drivers are making $2.30+ per mile.
- Highest pay opportunity
- Most reload opportunities
- Diverse loads
- A high level of respect among the driving community
Our Flatbed drivers have a wide potential for loads and income. Along with that comes responsibility. You’re hauling 2-3 loads at a time and that requires a higher skill level and attention to detail. Here are some basic requirements.
- Class A CDL
- 50,000 miles of towing experience
- Clean DOT record
- 1 ton dually or larger – Learn about Enterprise leasing options >
- 53′ flatbed trailer with center rail system – We recommend Shipshe Trailers >
Haul & Tow Requirements
- 22′ long deck, minimum. (25′ or longer is preferred)
- 32″-36″ tall deck at step, behind the rear axle (the lower the better)
- 2000 or newer (or certified by Horizon Staff)
- Center track, ball stands, wheel bonnets, ramps, etc.
Join the Horizon Flatbed Division
Our recruiters are ready to answer any questions you may have and help you make the right decision.